- Prevent metal-to-metal contact
- Low friction
- Resist side loading
- Weight saving potential of 4:1 compared to metal bearings, depending on material and configuration selection
- High load bearing capacity, both static and dynamic operation
- Eliminate local stress concentrations
- Eliminate hydrodynamic problems in the guide system
- Very wear-resistant, providing long service life
- Eliminates galling between components
- Good friction characteristics
- Damp mechanical vibrations
- Protect against diesel effect
- Low maintenance costs
- Easy installation
The purpose of polymer bearings is to guide the piston and rod within cylindrical applications, absorbing any transverse forces which may occur. They prevent metal-to-metal contact, optimizing the performance of the sealing system.
Bearings are needed to protect primary seal components and hardware so optimum sealing performance and service life can be achieved.
Four different types of bearing materials under the brand name Slydring® are available depending on application demands:
- Turcon® PTFE based materials Highly wear-resistant, low-friction, specially modified for low to medium loads
- Orkot® fabric composite materials for high loads and transverse forces.
- Zurcon® high-modulus thermoplastic provides long service life in high loads and temperatures.
- HiMod® high-modulus thermoplastic for use in extreme working conditions.
Please contact our sealing specialist to help determine which material would be ideal for your application.