- Prevents O-Ring extrusion
- Prolongs O-Ring service life
- Allows O-Rings to be utilized in higher pressure applications, where larger extrusion gaps are required and where there are reciprocating or rotating movements
- Compatible with virtually all media and gases
- Easy installation
- Wide range of geometries to meet the needs of all applications
- Sizes to meet all standards
- Non-standard sizes also available
Back-up Rings are protective and supporting elements with no sealing function. Made from extrusion-resistant materials such as Turcon®, Zurcon®, Hi-Mod® or PEEK they usually have a rectangular cross section and are installed in a groove with an elastomer O-Ring. Due to their tight fit in the housing, Back-up Rings prevent extrusion of the pressurized elastomer sealing element into the clearance or extrusion gap.
Using Back-up Rings allows O-Rings to be utilized in higher pressure applications, where larger extrusion gaps are required and where there are reciprocating or rotating movements. They also compensate for large temperature fluctuations.
|Operating Pressure||40 MPa / 5,800 psi|
|Speed||2 m/s / 6.5 ft/s|
|Temperature Range||-200 °C to +260 °C / -392 °F to +500 °F|
|Clearance||As per ISO 3601|
|Media||Compatible with virtually all media and gases|