Turcon® Glyd Ring® and Glyd Ring® T
- High sealing efficiency with low wear and long service life
- High operational reliability with low friction and stick-slip-free operation
- Simple groove design suitable for easy installation even in narrow grooves
- Design flexibility – adaptable for almost all groove sizes
- Custom designs available
- Bidirectional seal
- Very good static leak-tightness
- Increased clearance possible of approximately 50 percent, depending on the operating conditions
Turcon® Glyd Ring® T and Turcon® Glyd Ring® are fully interchangeable.
Within the seal both lateral profile flanks are inclined so that the seal profile tapers towards the seal surface. The profile can thus retain the robust and compact form typical of piston seals without losing any of the flexibility required to achieve a pressure-related maximum compression.
The edge angle created by the cross-sectional form of Turcon® Glyd Ring® T permits an additional degree of freedom of movement and enables slight tilting of the seal. The maximum compression is thus always shifted towards the area of the seal edge directly exposed to the pressure. On the lower-pressure edge of the seal, the Glyd Ring® T exhibits only zones with neutral strains without compressive or shearing loads. This effectively reduces the danger of gap extrusion.
The Turcon® Glyd Ring® T is the recommended sealing element for double acting sealing for hydraulic components and is particularly recommended for heavy duty and large diameter applications.
Typical Oil & Gas Applications Include:
- Drilling and steerable tools
- Reservoir Sampling Tools
- Subsea Trees: Gate / choke valves, actuators and control modules
- Wellheads: tubing hanger seals & flow control tools
- Blow-Out Preventers (BOPs)
- Connector seals
- Risers and compensators
- Downhole and intervention tools
- Flow Control Equipment; Ball Valves and associated devices
- Offshore Topside Hydraulics
|Operating Pressure||Up to 11,600 psi / 60 MPa|
|Speed||Up to 50 ft/s / 15.0 m/s|
|Temperature Range||-45 °C to +260 °C /|
-49 °F to +500 °F
Dependent on elastomer
|Media||Mineral oil-based hydraulic fluids, flame-retardant hydraulic fluids, environmentally-safe hydraulic fluids (bio-oils), water, air and others, depending on the elastomer material|