Turcon® Captive Glyd Ring®
- Same functionality as Turcon® Glyd Ring® for linear, helical and rotary service
- Protected from diameter variations of counterpart
- Passes over holes in mating surface
- Increased sealing effect and reduced friction due to narrow contact area
- Simple installation and easy mounting in split groove
- Suitable for narrow grooves
- Design flexibility – adaptable for almost all groove sizes
The Turcon® Captive Glyd Ring® is the best option in applications in which the seal has to slide across mating surfaces that have dimensional changes (e.g. go from a small diameter with sealing function over the seal to a large diameter with no sealing function or vice versa).
Normally, Turcon® Glyd Ring® is usually recommended as a bidirectional seal for all types of pistons and grooves.
However in some applications, in which the Glyd Ring® has to slide across mating surfaces that have dimensional changes, the seal can potentially be deformed, damaged or destroyed, as they may be pressed out of the groove by the O-Ring or the system pressure.
This Turcon® Captive Glyd Ring® version, shown this drawing, is retained in a split groove. The groove prevents the sealing surface from getting damaged by a counter part with variable diameter or when passing holes.
Typical Oil & Gas Applications Include:
- Logging While Drilling (LWD) and Measurement While Drilling (MWD)
- Downhole and intervention tools
- Downhole drilling motors
- Isolation valves, spool valves and pressure boosters
- Piston cushioning in cylinders
|Operating Pressure||Up to 8,702 psi / 60 MPa|
|Speed||Up to 50 ft/s / 15.0 m/s|
|Frequency||Up to 5 Hz|
|Temperature Range||-45 °C to +260 °C /|
-49 °F to +500 °F
Dependent on elastomer
|Media||Mineral oil-based hydraulic fluids, barely flammable hydraulic fluids, HFC, environmentally safe hydraulic fluids (biological degradable oils), water, air and others. Depending on compatibility of the O-Ring material.|