Turcon® AQ-Seal® 5
- High sealing effect in applications requiring media separation
- Double security through the combination of low-friction special materials with elastomer seals
- Operates in higher pressures
- Improved sliding speed compared to the AQ-Seal®
- Outstanding sliding properties, no stick-slip effect
The Turcon® AQ-Seal® 5 is a development of the proven standard Turcon® AQ-Seal®.
The seal profile of the Turcon® ring has been redesigned on both the dynamic and static sealing surface.
The AQ-Seal® 5 combines the benefits of a low-friction Turcon® slipper seal with the high sealing characteristics of an elastomer seal. It does this by incorporating a limited foot print X-Ring on the dynamic sealing face. This optimizes leakage control while minimizing friction. In addition, two O-Rings are used as energizing elements to optimize the pressure profile.
The Turcon® AQ-Seal® 5 is designed specifically for heavy duty and large stroke applications. It is recommended as a sealing element in double acting applications.
Typical Oil & Gas Applications Include:
- Drilling and steerable tools
- Subsea Trees: Gate / choke valves, actuators and control modules
- Connector seals
- Risers and compensators
- Downhole and intervention tools
- Flow Control Equipment; Ball Valves and associated devices
- Gas lifts
- Offshore topside hydraulics
- Subsea connectors
- Heavy duty tensioner cylinders
|Operating Pressure||Up to 8,700 psi / 60 MPa with hydraulic oil, |
Up to 4,350 psi / 30 MPa for media with reduced lubricating properties, such as water glycol based hydraulic fluids.
|Speed||Up to 9.8 ft/s / 3.0 m/s with reciprocating movements|
|Frequency||Up to 3 Hz|
|Temperature Range||-45 °C to +260 °C /|
-49 °F to +500 °F
Dependent on elastomer
|Media||Hydraulic fluids, mineral oil, synthetic and natural esters, gas, water glycol based fluids|